Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Words for Building




For about three days I've been thinking alot about how the way people talk can build up or tear down. (I think mostly I tear down, like a wrecking ball!) We can really choose what to build,we could build something small, like little kids do with blocks, or we could build something HUGE! like a big city, with skyscrapers. Or...we can tear down those things, and our words can be toxic, the picture I get is like how the recent oil spill looks. It didn't take a long time to make the mistake, but now experts are predicting it will takes YEARS to repair. And thats how words are, it doesn't take long to unthinkingly spew something that will take years for the hearer to recover from. However! The good news is that positive words that build up and encourage can affect lives for years as well, and instead of being poisonous and stinky, our words can be like perfume.
- Em

(To see the picture bigger click on it!)

2 comments:

  1. So true! The illustration is great; I could see it on the cover of a children's book : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I decided to start using this as sort of an art blog, I think I'll use it for Illustration Friday too. ;)

    ReplyDelete